Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

long lost TV fav... need help plz

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> long lost TV fav... need help plz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnpoole82

long lost TV fav... need help plz      Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote

theres this TV show/series that i used to always watch and i loved it, but it doesnt come on anymore... its about the future and this high-tech drug called "Tech" that makes the user trip and stuff but its highly addictive and the weapons on the series are laser-like... other than that i cant really remember... i think it was called Tech Wars but i cant find ANYTHING about it on the web ; ; plz help me!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tek War      Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:19 pm Reply with quote

You're talking about the "Tek War TV Show". It was inspired by a series of novels by William Shatner of Star Trek, T.J. Hooker, and Boston Legal. Actually, most people feel that Shatner came up with the basic idea for the books and science fiction author Ron Goulart actually wrote them with colaboration from Shatner.

Anyway, the series took place in 2045 and was about people taking a drug that allowed users to enter a computer-based fantasy world.

Greg Evigan ("My Two Dads" and "B.J. and the Bear") co-starred along with ....... yes, William Shatner.

Tek War only lasted 18 episodes. Everything I've seen says that the special effects were out of this world. It won a Gemini Award in 1996 for 'Best Visual Effects'.

I hope that answers a few of your questions. You can also now enter the correct title at any search engine to do more research if you want.

mawdryn

Trying to remember...      Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote

In the 80's there was a british tv show (itv?) that involved a chubby guy with a red face and white hair in a silver suit and a spaceship (read house) that spoke. All I remember is the guy constantly saying 'Oh, Beryl!' referring to the house. Anyone remember the name of this show?

Thanks.

mawdryn

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote

sorry, this was meant as new topic... 'new topic' seems to mean 'reply' here.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote

That was my mistake mawdryn. The post new topic buttons were always very confusing on this forum software. I removed them when I first set-up this forum but I apparently missed that one.

Weird that all these years and I never noticed it and no one ever complained!

Thanks for the "heads up"!

For everyone's information, To start a new topic you can always just click on the "Crazy" logo in the upper left corner of any page at this forum. That will take you to the main page. Then just navigate to the proper thread and start a new thread.

mawdryn

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quote

No Worries.

BTW, I found out what the show was I enquired about. It's called "Watch This Space" It was actually an Australian production that only went for one season but unfortunately due to copyright restrictions, they are unable to release the show on DVD. Sad

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> long lost TV fav... need help plz All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved