Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Medical shows.... Yes or No?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Medical shows.... Yes or No?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LooneyToon

Medical shows.... Yes or No?      Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Is anyone still into medical shows? Seems like the days of the
ER-style drama are going away...what if any do you all watch?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Medical Shows      Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quote

I've only seen the ER pilot. It just seems like every medical show that comes on is in a time slot with one or two other shows that I slightly prefer. I'll probably eventually watch ER, Gray's Anatomy, etc. as repeats or on Dvd. There's plenty of opportunity now that very few series air every week throughout the season. There's plenty of times when the shows I prefer are on hiatus.

LooneyToon

Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote

I agree...There are other shows that I would prefer to watch at the same time that the Grey's anatomy or ER are showing. But like u said, there's always DVDs and reruns. haha

Imposter34

Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote

I mean Scrubs is awesome but i don't know if I'd count it as a "medical" show in the ER sense...i don't find ER, Grey's or any of those shows to be that great....the best "medical" movies I've seen recently is the diving bell and the butterfly. Any movie about someone overcoming an illnes allways seems to interest me.

trashcansongs
Novice Member
Novice Member

Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote

Diving Bell was a pretty great movie. On TV, i watch house, and for other movies I'm drawing a blank but i'm also a sucker for most movie about someone beating their sickness. Usually makes for a gripping story.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old Medical TV Shows      Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quote

I remember the great medical series of yesteryear that aired in my youth. They typically had one main character who was typically a doctor who cared about nothing but helping their patients. Often, they'd have to fight the system to get their patients what they needed from a capitalist hospital administrator who cared only about the profitability of the hospital.

I'm talking about classic medical dramas like "Dr. Kildare, "Ben Casey", and "Marcus Welby, M.D."

It's probably just be nostalgia but I remember those series being better than what's on TV today.

SOFarSoGood

Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:31 pm Reply with quote

Yea I've heard about those shows..unfortuntley wasn't around to watch them...I guess the modern day equivalent to those shows could be the movies they tend to play on Lifetime. In particular I saw a commercial for a movie that's premiering tomorrow night called "Living Proof". I'm excited about it because Renee Zelwegger produced it and harry connick jr is playing a doctor who in real life helped make a huge breast cancer medical discovery.

crystalgemfairy

medical shows      Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Dr Kildare and ben casey take me back to my youth too. I liked them both.
Does anyone remember the show, The Doctors, with john saxon. I liked that one too.

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Medical TV Shows      Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote

For some reason, John Saxon's name was familiar to me but I couldn't remember his face. I looked up info on the show and found that E.G. Marshall and David Hartman were also on that series and then I remembered it.

The full name of that series was:

"The Bold Ones: The New Doctors"

It was also referred to as "The New Doctors" or "The Bold Ones".

The number of episodes was 46-49. Different sources disagree. It took 4 seasons to air them because the series took turns airing with three other shows titled, "The Bold Ones: The Lawyers" (starring "Burl Ives"), "The Bold Ones: The Protectors" (starring "Leslie Nielsen"), and "The Bold Ones: The Senator" (starring Hal Holbrook). "The New Doctors" did get its own time slot and aired each week during its last (4th) season.

"The Lawyers" lasted 3 seasons and the other two died out after a very few episodes.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Medical shows.... Yes or No? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved