Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MI-5 (aka "Spooks)

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Action -> MI-5 (aka "Spooks)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

MI-5 (aka "Spooks)      Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Welcome to the MI-5 forum at CrazyAboutTV.com! For our friends from the UK, please realize that MI-5 originated there using the title, "Spooks".

Feel free to simply read what others have said about MI-5 (aka "Spooks") or use the "Post Message" buttons to leave a message of your own. Use the links to the right of the "post message" buttons to find another topic of interest to you, or click on the "Search" link at the top of any page!

If you would like to read more information about MI-5, check out our MI-5 Page!

Thanks for visiting!

Mantu

MI-5 / Spooks - why the name change?      Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:21 am Reply with quote

i can't imagine why they'd change the name of the show from spooks to mi-5 when it came to the u.s.

isn't spooks a slang word for spies? seems like a good title to me!

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

MI-5 (aka "Spooks")      Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the word "spooks" was used as a derogatory reference to people of color at that time. It was probably one of those things where the word wasn't used that way in the UK, but it was in the U.S.

Under those conditions, I think it was a good thing that they changed the title. MI-5 was a pretty good name in itself and it didn't offend anyone.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Action -> MI-5 (aka "Spooks) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved