Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Late 70's/Early 80's Hispanic children's program?

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> General TV Topics -> Late 70's/Early 80's Hispanic children's program?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Del

Late 70's/Early 80's Hispanic children's program?      Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:18 pm Reply with quote

There was a show I watched as a kid, that was much like Sesame Street and The Electric Company. It was mainly in English, but featured Hispanic cast members and had lessons on Spaish as well. All I remember was that it was full of music and dancing. I think I remember a talking parrot. The title screen had a backdrop of a night time city with fireworks.

I know this is very obscure, but it has been driving me nuts!

Do you remember it?

As a side note, there are many shows I remember from the 80's that should be listed.

Here are a few:

Silver Spoons
Double Trouble

Great site! Keep up the fantastic work!

In the words of BJ & the Bear, "Keep on Truckin'!"

Del

Now that I think of it...      Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, the show may have been more Latin/Cuban themed. Lots of cool music and dancing. Thanks for any help you can offer.

AidansMom

Talking Parrot      Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:30 am Reply with quote

It sounds familiar but I just can't think of the name, darn it!

Anybody else?

Del

I found it!      Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:30 pm Reply with quote

I finally found what I was looking for! The show was called "Villa Alegre" and it ran from about 1970 to 1980.

Just as I remembered, there is a talking parrot and the theme included a backdrop of the city with fireworks in it. Here is a excerpt from a show description:

"The all-Spanish vocals were performed by a chorus of children, and for most people who have not seen the show since its original run, it is the only detail that they can remember. That and the visual complement to the theme: a miniature version of the village against a night sky that had, hovering above it, the words "VILLA ALEGRE" as they burst into a frenzy of fireworks."

Thanks for all the help, y'all! Keep up the fantastic work!

ISIS
Novice Member
Novice Member

Location: LA: LAPD: watching Pepper and Crowley makes eyes for each other.

Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote

Hey!!! I remember this show...they had a HUGE Ferris Wheel on the set too I think...

the theme song went...

Laaaaaa lala la la laaaaa la la laaaaa lala la laaaa... Villa Alegre!!!

I still remember it...can't sing the verses but I know how it goes.

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> General TV Topics -> Late 70's/Early 80's Hispanic children's program? All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved