Forum Index CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums
Where fans discuss their favorite TV shows at thousands of TV forums

FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour

Reply to topic    CrazyAboutTV.com -> TV Forums -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVProfessor
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour      Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:34 am Reply with quote

Does anyone else remember seeing Steve Martin and Teri Garr on the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour? It's always interesting to go back and watch those old shows you saw decades ago when they have an actor like Steve Martin who has since become a superstar. To see them when they were getting started.

And I always wondered why Teri Garr kept getting invited on the David Letterman show. "Who is she anyway?", I thought. I had totally forgotten her being on the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour! And when I checked her filmography, I was shocked at how many movies, etc. that she's been in! Remember her in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"?

BeachBoy

Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour      Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:28 am Reply with quote

Interesting! I didn't realize that Steve Martin was on a television program that far back. I also didn't realize that Cher ever had a series. Is there anyplace where we can get those shows on video or dvd?

CrazyAboutTV
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sonny Cher Show      Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote

You can purchase the "Sonny and Cher Ultimate Collection" which includes episodes from both the Sonny and Cher Show and the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour at most online stores that sell dvds and probably some "brick and mortar" stores also.

Unfortunately, there have not been any full season sets released as of yet. Sometimes there are overwhelming copyright problems with releasing Musical shows on dvd as they have to go to each individual performer and song writer for the rights.

I've got the ultimate collection myself. They're good for anyone and great for those who either want to relive the 70s or are simply fans of that period. There are tons of celebrity guest stars on the 3 dvd set too.

You might also want to check out our Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour page if you haven't already been there.

Last edited by CrazyAboutTV on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

TVJunkie

Thanks CAT      Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote

That's cool I'll have to check that collection out I remeber watching it when I was a boy. I loved at the end they would bring their daughter out and sing I've got you Babe. That brings back some memories. Back then everybody and their brother had a variety show LOL can you say Glenn Cambell, John Denver and the Bradys HAHAHA

Reply to topic       CrazyAboutTV.com - TV Forums Main Page -> Musical/Variety/Game Shows -> The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

© 2005 - 2014 CrazyAboutTV.com - All Rights Reserved